Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Green consumption

This year I have been very conscious about my own impact on climate change and overconsumption. Luckily I am not the only one as some toy companies have woken up and changed their package designs, more immaterial gifts are available and many people have decided to give only things that are truly needed. All this is not what the market would need to get the economy improving, but this is what we - people - need and the future needs. Good for us!

I have been lucky to avoid all the running around shops in panic, as I have planned my Christmas well in time. All of the presents have been bought or done by myself with a clear thought behind of them. The meals are prepared together well in time with local products. Even the decorations and wrappings are done from recycled materials. My Christmas feeling is peaceful and happy as I have had the joy of enjoying the longer planning needed for sustainable Christmas. Sustainability needs more thinking but is in the end also more rewarding.

It is surprisingly few people that really think about what is essential in this holiday season. Going back to my earlier Blogs I like to add a waking short video to my favorites. Have a look at 1.5 to Stay Alive
maybe it will bring the meaning of Christmas into a totally different light. Rewarding Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment